One Sustainable Future
A responsible business is one that embraces responsible consumption and production, a business that doesn’t put itself in the center but rather strives to fit in the already existing context – with all its opportunities, but also challenges.
At One United Properties, we see that sustainability connects very well with the idea of doing business responsibly while generating long-term value for the shareholders. Only by building our business around the principle of sustainability, we can be confident that we will meet the present needs and expectations of all our stakeholders without compromising our future.
Our sustainability strategy is anchored to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the collection of 17 interlinked global goals designed to be a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
One United Properties has always strived to ensure the sustainability of its developments throughout their lifetime. Considering the global impact that the real estate industry has on the environment, there was always a particular attention paid to reducing carbon emissions to minimize climate change, as well as streamlining the operational activities to ensure that the developed constructions will maintain their qualities years after their completion. In this context, since its early beginnings, One United Properties has delivered projects developed in line with the best environmental and sustainability practices, enjoying vast market recognition. As the sustainability aspects grow in importance, we maintain our dedication to developing projects that obtain prestigious certifications in the field of environmental protection.
- Build 100% Green Homes-certified residential developments;
- Develop 100% LEED and WELL-certified offices;
- Build all new office developments LEED Zero Carbon;
- Reduce CO2 emissions at the development stage, and after delivery;
- Use the best materials for the environment;
- Lower the waste production at construction level
- Protect trees and green spaces;
- Optimize water and energy usage;
- Prevent uncontrolled urban sprawl;
- Develop according to the “15-minute city concept”, lowering traffic congestion
Our Environmental strategy is based on:
As a public company, we must meet the needs of all our shareholders who strive for governance, accountability, and integrity. We are strongly preoccupied with managing risks related to the ESG aspects to ensure the resilience of our business. We carefully select our contractors and suppliers, to work with partners that adhere to our values based on diversity and inclusion. To all employees, we offer full and productive employment under equal pay.
- Ensuring ethical business conduct;
- Setting high standards in business for subcontractors;
- Implementing strong anti-corruption rules;
- Educating and enabling our stakeholders to achieve our sustainability goals;
- Allowing all shareholders to participate remotely in GSMs;
- Medium-risk assessment to be provided by ESG-rating agency;
- Measuring and transparently disclosing our sustainability performance.
Our Governance strategy is based on:
Selected Initiatives We Support
At One United Properties, we support local communities as responsibly as possible, having a particular focus on three areas: education & sports, research & health, and urban regeneration and environmental protection. Between 2018 and 2021, One United Properties made donations amounting to a total of 7,088,253 euros.